This 3 ingredient snack is great for anyone who loves to mix sweet with salty.
I started making chocolate-dipped peanut butter cracker sandwiches for my husband about a year ago. He loves peanut on Ritz crackers and has a huge sweet tooth for chocolate so why not combine the two?!
All you need to make these easy snacks is Ritz crackers, peanut butter, and candy melts.
You could use melted chocolate chips instead of candy melts but I prefer candy melts because once they harden it creates a nice chocolate shell. What is great about this snack is that it can be customized to fit your flavor palette. You can add whatever you want into the sandwiches such as banana slices or use different colored candy melts for different occasions.
- Ritz Crackers
- Peanut Butter
- Candy Melts
1. Roll out parchment paper. Start spreading a 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter (or however much you like) on one side of a Ritz Cracker. Then place another cracker on top of the peanut butter to create a sandwich.
2. Once you get all your peanut butter cracker sandwiches put together, place them in the freezer for 10 minutes. If you want to skip this step you can, but I feel like freezing them briefly makes them easier to handle later on.
3. While your crackers are in the freezer, start melting your candy melts. The key is to microwave them for 15-second intervals, stirring after each session until you get the right consistency.
4. Once your candy melts are ready, take your peanut butter cracker sandwiches out of the freezer and start dipping them into the chocolate. You can either coat one side of the sandwiches or the whole thing, it is up to you.
5. Let your chocolate-dipped peanut butter cracker sandwiches set for about 5 minutes or until the candy melts harden, then enjoy!
This is a super easy snack that is fun and customizable. I would love to hear what you added to your chocolate-dipped peanut butter cracker sandwiches or what you did differently.